I’m obviously all for anti-war protesting. I’m also for pro-war protesting if you should feel so inclined. I do admit I don’t fully fall into the “support our troops” camp (assuming I were American). I’m not in favour of sending them negative messaging but I wouldn’t blow smoke up their butts by telling them they’re fighting some noble cause, etc.
But, some people go way too far. This one is interesting too because the social conservatives get credit.
Apparently some church sent protestors to funerals of fallen soldiers with signs like “God hates you.” Now, it’ll take some effort, but follow their logic here:
1. Their god hates gay people
2. Their god hates the US because it harbors gay people
3. Their god is taking vengence on the US, because of #2, by arranging for soldiers to be killed in Iraq
4. Their god feels the above items should be made known to the whole world. Extra credit if the “making known” occurs during the funeral of one of those fallen soldiers. Extra extra credit if you make the family of the fallen soldier cry just that little bit harder.
5. Believing in the items above and taking the actions described is your VIP pass to heaven.
“That there’s some darn good logic, Pa!” No need to sugar-coat this: These people are freaking morons and are just taking up space that could be used by someone who could possibly be considered a decent human being.
Here’s the article: Anti-gay church protests at soldiers’ funerals