I just found out I’ll be out of town for election day so I’ve got to do the advanced polling this Saturday. I still haven’t decided what to do, so this complicates things.
I still haven’t been swayed from my original position. The debates, while interesting, didn’t address my problem. Here’s my criteria:
- The Conservatives don’t get in power, and
- Failing the above, the Conservatives only have a minority
- Platform-wise I would be relatively happy with either the Liberal or NDP agenda
- If the Liberals were leading in the polls I’d likely vote NDP
- The riding I’ll be voting in has gone almost entirely Conservative over the last few decades (it’s a rural riding)
- If there’s a chance this riding could go Liberal I’d probably rather vote for them because Liberals are preferable to Conservatives
- If the riding is certainly going Conservative I’d maybe vote NDP to show support.
So, given all these things, I need to make a decision. I’d love to hear any thoughts on the matter to help my decision.